Wednesday, July 10, 2019

NEA Magazine TA Research

Target Audience Research

 I had 48 useful responses from people aged 16 to 25. The majority of my responses were from females aged 16 to 18.                                                                                                The survey revealed that the most popular choices for females was fashion and beauty and the most popular for males was film, closely followed by gaming; implying there may be a gap in the market for male fashion magazines and also film/ gaming magazines for females.
One question I asked on my survey, was 'What catches your eye the most in a magazine?' and the responses suggested that it was the image. This really highlights to me that the framing, clothing, hair/makeup, shot type, mise en scene etc are critical in pleasing my target audience. Images are closely followed by the headline/ main article again allowing me to see that the if my magazine didn't have a relatable, interesting, catchey, funny/ shocking headline people will be less likely to pick it up.
A final question on my survey askes how often they read magazines; this question is quite interesting as 80% of the responses reveal they hardly ever read magazines, likely due to advances in technology where they read magazine content online via social media. This consequently creates a huge gap in the market for 16 to 25 year olds, allowing me to create something new that will interest readers my own age. Furthermore, linking social media into the magazine would be hugely beneficial as it will attract 16 to 25 year olds and also promote the website created for the magazine.





1 comment:

  1. Superb research here and incredibly useful for planning.

    ReplyDelete